Time Limit Software

Garwood, Steve sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
Thu Sep 6 15:22:25 EDT 2001

I'm writing on behalf of a small library here in NJ that would like to have
some type of "Time Limit" managing program running on their Internet
Terminals. Essentially something they could use to manage patrons who want
to use Internet Computers for one hour. They have Windows 95/98 running on
their PCs (3-4 PCs), and use Fortress as their general security software.

Three programs that I am familiar with are Pharos SignUP, Computers by
Design's CybraryRSVP, and Fortress' Time Limit Manager, however I don't have
direct experience with these programs.

Note: They are a small library and have no direct IT staff at their location
so whatever program it is, can't be too buggy or difficult to use.

I would appreciate any first (or even second) hand reviews of these products
if you are familiar with them so that I may pass them on to the library.

Thank you in Advance,

Steve

-------------------------------------
Steve Garwood
Customer Education Librarian
Camden County Library System
203 Laurel Rd., Voorhees, NJ 08043
(856)772-1636 x3320 Fax:(856)772-6128
sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.stevegarwood.com

"I did nothing all day and it was everything I thought it would be and more"
-- Office Space (Movie)