[WEB4LIB] Re: Learning curve: HTML or WYSIWYG

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Mon Oct 29 14:22:16 EST 2001

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 10:59:49AM -0800, Chris Murphy remarked:
> Isabel Danforth wrote:
> >
> > I really like to use Arachnophilia www.arachnoid.com
>
> I agree Arachnophilia would be a good choice for the text
> editor. Its easy to understand buttons insert tags quickly, so
> you can type less and talk more about HTML.

Arachnophilia is a wonderful, lean, free HTML editor.

> For a quick, easy, free WYSIWYG editor, I suggest Netscape
> Composer 6.1. It comes bundled with the browser, is straight
> forward, has big icons for common tasks (e.g., tables and
> images), and has on screen tabs to enable quick switching
> among WYSIWYG, tag icon, HTML source, and browser preview
> modes.

Good idea (I'd forgotten about that).  Even better, ditch the
commercial Navigator 6.1 and go for the latest stable build of
Mozilla (see http://www.mozilla.org/), seeing as Nav6.1 is based
on Mozilla source code.

Raymond