[WEB4LIB] Re: Ghost and SID's with Windows 2000

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Oct 20 11:10:07 EDT 2001

A very good list for NT/win2k questions is:

LIBNT-L at UTKVM1.UTK.EDU
Implementation and administration of Windows NT in libraries

It has searchable list archives:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/libnt-l.html

I find it hard to believe that Ghost version 7 does not automatically
generate SIDs, but the Symantec Web site crashed both IE and Netscape
when I tried to read the fact sheets, so I quickly abandoned that line
of enquiry.

Incidentally, at my Last Place, we used Imagecast, which worked fine.
Generating SIDs with Imagecast is more complicated under Windows 2000
than NT 4.0, but it's inherent to the product.

Karen G. Schneider
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet
kgs at lii.org                     http://lii.org