Webcameras

Peggy Ganong pganong at biblio.org
Tue Oct 9 10:38:31 EDT 2001

	Hi all,

	We are interested in investigating the use of webcameras
	attached to PCs for patron use. They would be used for
	patrons to 'visit' with friends and relatives through
	both audio and video means. We have several concerns:

	1) how and where would this service be offered in order
		to provide privacy
	2) what type of abuses are we not aware of
	3) what physical equipment (and connections) are required
	4) what is the cost of all the equipment necessary

	So, if anyone is or has used this service, I would appre-
	ciate your advice and would like to hear of your experiences
	both good and bad.

	Thank you.

	Peggy Ganong
	Technical Services Librarian