Audio and video archiving

Gary Benton BentGa at wwc.edu
Wed Oct 3 19:53:57 EDT 2001

What kind of equipment and software are needed for audio and video archiving? We have film movies, obsolete videotape formats and so on in our archives. We want to preserve these materials and make them available on the web.

What formats (WAV, AVI...) would you recommend for preservation?
What formats (MPEG...) would you recommend for web distribution?

Can anyone point me to sources of info in this area?

Thanks!

Gary

Gary Benton
Library Systems Technician