[WEB4LIB] How to set IE printing to "As laid out on screen"

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Wed Oct 3 18:25:45 EDT 2001

> Does anyone know how to set IE printing to default to "As laid
> out on screen"?  I have 4 stations which default to "Only the
> selected frame".  The other stations in the library default to
> "As laid out on screen" but I do not know why.   Thanks! Linda

If it is possible (I don't know how to do it but would be interested in the
answer) but I question why you would want to do this. It is a nice feature
but only if you're prepared for it's significant limitation; it only prints
out "page one". If the page has content that goes beyond page one, it will
not be printed.

The only time I've used this feature is when I needed to create training
handouts where the page looks exactly like the screen. In that case, the
content beyond the first page is irrelevant.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/
WWW Library Directory @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.
Stop those X10 ads 'till 2009 - click on
http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=3000