[WEB4LIB] "Locking" a machine to locations

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Wed Oct 3 15:29:57 EDT 2001

> Basically they want to limit Web access to one or two domains AT
> MOST. One of
> the domains will be a standard domain, like www.news.com, while another
> will be a
> subdomain, like dailynews.yahoo.com .

You can do this by tweaking the proxy settings in your browser, assuming
you're not really connecting through a Proxy. It's not a perfect solution
but it does do the job. If you want the instructions, screenshots and all,
e-mail me off-list.

(You can also do it at the Windows level which is a lot smoother. I have
those instructions also.)

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/
WWW Library Directory @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.
Stop those X10 ads 'till 2009 - click on
http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=3000