Two interesting articles dealing with viruses and I

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Wed Oct 3 14:24:55 EDT 2001

Actually (in case anyone is taking your suggestion seriously), that would
still be considered a "worm" (although a beneficial worm) under current
law and the author would be subject to prosecution.  I read a report of
someone writing a Code Red variant to patch the IIS holes, but that author
was being sought as well.  Even though it is for "good" such a worm is
still unauthorized access to systems, use of computational resources, and
altering systems.

Peter

(Not a lawyer, just an interested party.)

--On Wednesday, October 3, 2001 9:16 AM -0700 Bill Teschek

--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut