PCL XL error

Chris Sheetz csheetz at lorainccc.edu
Mon Oct 1 11:47:28 EDT 2001

Over the last few weeks, I have helped various patrons with a PCL XL
error message (on a printed sheet of paper) when they try to print
various web sites.  The printer may or may not print the first page of a
web site, then it will print:

PCL XL error
Subsystem: KERNEL
Error: Illegal Operator Sequence
Operator: SetLineDash
Position: (a number that varies)

We have our workstations networked to high-capacity printers.

Does anyone know why this happens and/or have suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris