[WEB4LIB] Re: More IIS Horror Stories

Richard L. Goerwitz III richard at goerwitz.com
Tue Oct 30 16:57:07 EST 2001

Blake Carver wrote:

> I am in no way defending IIS or M$, nor am I picking on Linux, but it's not
> like Linux does that much better

The point I was making when I posted my original question about
using IIS was that this software has been involved in a particularly
high number of security breaches, and that several prominent IT
analysts and groups (like Gartner) have taken the position that IIS
needs a full, public rewrite-and-test before it will be suitably
secure.

Your point is well taken that all servers need regular patching and
updating, by the way!

--

Richard Goerwitz                               richard at Goerwitz.COM
tel: 401 438 8978