[WEB4LIB] RE: NT Webserver Security?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Oct 30 10:58:42 EST 2001

> > Hear, hear!  Saying Apache for Win32 is "not as stable as the UNIX
> > version" is like saying it's not as solid as a block of granite.
Unless
> > you're planning to trick out Apache with every convoluted directive
under
> > the sun, it will do what you need, including--saints forfend!--ASP.
>
> Apache on W32 does ASP?  Really?!?
>
> Did I read that right?

Well, let me hem and haw a bit.  I'm not an ASP person, so I can't answer
for what's going on here, but there are Apache ASP modules to be found on
the net.  Same answer for the question I received off-list about Apache
and Front Page extensions.  If it turns out that they don't work under
Win32, I retract my statement that Apache + Win32 will do everything you
need.

I'll revise it to "Apache + Win32 will do everything you should need."

☮
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu