[WEB4LIB] Re: database links within frame

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at ansernet.rcls.org
Wed Oct 17 06:58:28 EDT 2001

I used to think "framing" was an abomination, until we tried to configure workstations locked down to access licensed database sites only. The Enyclopedia Britannica Online service prominently features the Britannica Web Guide, a catalog to thousands of web sites. It accesses them through frames. Our lockdown method (Public Web Browser's OnlyAccess.txt file) allows those frames to display. Had EB used new windows, we'd have to set up those thousands of domain names...
Whether this work through a lockdown via a proxy server, I don't know.