[WEB4LIB] terminal server & inet filters

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Thu Oct 11 14:44:06 EDT 2001

Hi all!

We use BESS here at YVRL. From the sounds of it, we have a similar set up to
what you describe. We make hefty use of thin clients, however I should point
out that they run off Linux and Citrix. However, I believe that the bessproxy
can be configured in other ways.

Bess is crap, just like all other filters, but we use it to help stifle the
religious crusaders who think the internet is nothing but porn and violence. No
matter what the choice, you're going to deal with poor filtering procedure.

Dan

--
Mondai wa
The subject in question...
dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
-------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
                     -Hunter S. Thompson