September 11 & Google

george at library.caltech.edu george at library.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 4 18:40:29 EDT 2001

Rich Wiggins, long time member of Web4Lib, has written an excellent article
in the latest issue of First Monday
<http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue6_10/wiggins/index.html>, The effects of
September 11 on the leading search engine.

In addition to all of the insight and attention to detail that Rich provides
in the article, I'm astounded by the inspiration and focus that made it
possible for him to track the changes and deliver such an excellent piece of
work in an incredibly short time frame.

It was well worth my time to read it.  I suspect that it will be worth your
time, as well.

George S. Porter
Sherman Fairchild Library of Engineering & Applied Science
Caltech, 1-43
Pasadena, CA  91125-4300
Telephone (626) 395-3409 Fax (626) 431-2681