[WEB4LIB] Re: [Fwd: Norton expired - case #33533]

Lisa Leidig leidigl at ci.portsmouth.va.us
Fri Nov 30 06:28:00 EST 2001

Tom

It happened here also - we only received a 6 month license. Since I have a
CD-R, I burned copies of InoculateIT PE (was free from Computer
Associates), uninstalled Norton and installed Inoculate. I did communicate
with the Gates Foundation prior to doing this. I don't know about anyone
else's library, but here we just couldn't afford the license fees
mid-fiscal year. The InoculateIT PE continues to be free with virus
signature file downloads. YMMV.

Lisa Leidig
Microcomputer Analyst
Portsmouth Public Library