[WEB4LIB] Re: SMS and push technology

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Nov 29 17:17:17 EST 2001

I had meant to reply but one thing led to another.  We are using a program
called Proxy from Funk Software which is similar to PC Anywhere, VNC, etc...
We can connect to a user's PC via tcp or ipx if their PC runs at all.  This
has saved us from having to go over to our Music Library in several
instances.  If the Windows client computer is rebooted then your connection
is available at the, in our case, Novell Login window.  I think the URL is
http://www.funksoftware.com/

As far as Push Technology, the only thing on our campus currently using Push
to my knowledge is update of the Novell Client if you are already using a
fairly recent version of the client.

Thomas