[WEB4LIB] RE: Disturbing News

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Mon Nov 19 14:47:38 EST 2001

    Yet the article mentions that the USGS called for the destruction of a water
survey. Some librarians asked to do the same thing and pull the CD for future
use. Federal officials did not agree and demanded that the disk be destroyed. So
while some things may be saved by leniency, what is lost by demand?

Dan

--
Mondai wa
The subject in question...
dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
-------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
                     -Hunter S. Thompson