custom shell policy not recognized

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at TCCD.NET
Fri Nov 16 15:41:12 EST 2001

Here's another strange one I hope is not as strange as it seems.

Windows 2000 Clients logging on to NT4 server .

Using Policy Editor - I have a group policy set up that sets Internet
Explorer as the Shell ( well actually runapp - loading IE)
On 28 stations this works WONDERFULLY -- the users log in and there is IE.

TWO stations - INSIST on bringing up the desktop.
Have tried eliminating the profile -- even eliminating the user account and
creating a new one.
Have also tried different users -
I'm assuming it is something in the Registry at the system or machine level
-- but cannot find what or where.

ANY HELP greatly appreciated -

Paul H. Gray
Library Manager, CLC and LRC LAN