[WEB4LIB] Updated Netscape 4.08?

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Nov 16 10:44:27 EST 2001

> However, it appears that the current download available on the
> Netscape site has been updated.  Look here:

> and you can see the file has been updated in the last 6 months
>
> 7/25/2001 6:14:00 AM

It's more likely that they re-arranged the file system (or changed machines
etc etc) and that's the date the file was put back into that directory.

> Yes, I know we need to get rid of 4.08 but until Netscape/Mozilla
> puts out something that can be securely locked down, I think 4.08
> will be hanging around for a while.

So.... this probably isn't the place to mention that Netscape is an
abomination (in all aspects from security to standards support) and that
we've had tremendous success in securing IE 5.x and 6.x huh?

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan