OCR Software

Kathy Mazur kmazur at htls.lib.il.us
Tue Nov 13 09:50:29 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for OCR software. After researching
several packages I am unclear what makes some cost so much more than
others (for example OmniPage Pro is $500 and FineReader Pro is $110).
Do you have any good or bad experiences with recent versions of OCR
software?  I need the software to save documents to Word and pdf
formats.

Kathy Mazur
Internet Services Administrator
Heritage Trail Library System