copyright and digital images

Rivers, Claire CRivers at wschiro.edu
Fri Nov 9 14:01:08 EST 2001

I've been asked by the clinical faculty to get the copyright guidelines for
digital images. The end desire is to build an image bank of public domain
and, if necessary, purchased images, on the faculty intranet for the use of
all faculty in Powerpoint presentations, class notes, and continuing
education materials. The continuing education materials are "sold" by the
college. Can anyone point me toward good places to begin educating myself
and the faculty on the issues?

I would also appreciate pointers toward any anatomical, x-ray, etc.. public
domain image banks.

Please reply directly to me. I will summarize for the list if there is any
interest.

TIA

Claire Rivers
Director, Learning Resources