Link prevents user from using back button

Michelle Rempel mrempel at gppl.ab.ca
Thu Nov 1 18:33:51 EST 2001

Afternoon,

We have a sponsor that we've added a link for on our site.  The problem is
that no matter what TARGET I use I can't make the link open in a new
window.  The link opens in the same window and will not let the user go
back to our site.  Each time I try it reloads the linked site.  I think it
is due to a META tag, but I could be wrong.  The tag in question is <meta
http-equiv="Window-target" content="_top">  I know this is so their site
doesn't open in a frame when linked, but is there any way I can counteract
this?

Thanks!

Michelle Rempel
PLS/GPPL