[WEB4LIB] Re: Thin clients

Dan Kissane dfk at snyoneva.cc.oneonta.edu
Thu Nov 1 14:53:23 EST 2001

If you want to read Library Journal articles without registering, couldn't
you just access it in one of your full-text databases?  We have it in
several: Library Journal is available as follows: [from 8/1/1992 to
present in MasterFILE Select] [from 1/1/1997 to present in Expanded
Academic ASAP, InfoTrac OneFile] [from 4/1/2001 to present in Academic
Universe].  Just a thought... ... ...

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Gary Benton wrote:

> I don't like to have to register as well.
>
> I tried to register, but it didn't work for me either.
>

> Gary Benton
> Library Systems Technician
> Walla Walla College

> On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 09:15:07AM -0800, Sloan, Bernie
> remarked:
> >
> > The URL for Joyce's article is:
> >
> > http://libraryjournal.reviewsnews.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA1
> > 77736
> >
> > Or, alternatively, go to Library Journal's Web page
> > (http://libraryjournal.reviewsnews.com/) and scroll down the
> > page and click on "netConnect" (in the far left column under
> > "Resources"). It's the Fall 2001 issue.
>
> Thanks Bernie.  Unfortunately I tried to 'Register' to the site
> (not by choice mind you), but was unable to access the article
> for some reason -- oh well...
>
> I was interested to see what the author might say about the
> Linux Terminal Project (going by memory with that title).
>
> Thanks anyway,
> Raymond

> Due to deletion of content types excluded from this list by policy,
> this multipart message was reduced to a single part, and from there
> to a plain text message.

Dan Kissane
Reference Librarian
SUNY College at Oneonta