LJ registration

Rachel Singer Gordon rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Thu Nov 1 17:37:18 EST 2001

Because cahner's business info (who publish LJ etc.) have made all
their sites subscription-only (and a lot more commercial -- my guess
would be to have concrete numbers to give advertisers). If you go to
Jessamyn's excellent blog at http://www.librarian.net/ , she has some
fake user login information for LJ (and the NYT) on the left-hand
side that you can use to get in and read the articles without the
registration hassle.

- Rachel

>On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:46:35AM -0800, Andrew Mutch remarked:
>> Can someone remind me why you need to register for this site? I
>have to admit
>> that there have been times that I've either wanted to view or link
>to articles
>> from Library Journal but I've never gone through the registration
>process. I
>> guess it turned me off having to deal with that at a library site
>with no clear
>> reason for them collecting that information.
>
>I second this question...
>
>Raymond

---
Rachel Singer Gordon / rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Head, Computer Services / Franklin Park Library
http://www.franklinparklibrary.org
http://www.lisjobs.com
---