Issues with DeskFlag software?

David Bennett Bennett at robert-morris.edu
Tue Nov 6 10:46:35 EST 2001

Several employees in the library installed the free DeskFlag software from Tiger Technologies (http://www.deskflag.com) version 1.0.3.  I've noticed several new problems and glitches with those PCs and I wondered what other experiences have been.

The deskflag software is not a screensaver, it waves a flag in the right hand corner of the screen.

I've read through the FAQ at http://www.deskflag.com/faq.html and it says it can take up to 2.1 MB of memory resources and less than 4% of the processor time.  I have been unable to find any third party reviews that are critical.

I hate to be the Grinch, but I feel this software introduces more problems than it is worth.  Please let me know if the deskflag software is introducing any glitches at your institution.

David Bennett    (bennett at robert-morris.edu)
Robert Morris College
881 Narrows Run Road
Moon Township, PA 15108