Unable to reach any Melvyl or CDLib web or telnet sites

Mr. Edward Spodick lbspodic at ust.hk
Tue Nov 6 01:51:00 EST 2001

I was wondering if anyone else out there is having problems accessing the
Web and and Telnet sites for the California Digital Library and/or Melvyl?

The domain name servers for about half of the Universities in Hong Kong
no longer recognize any of their addresses - this has been going on for
about a week now and our computer center indicates that the problem is not
with local configuration.  I am not at all sure I agree with them...

Sites 'gone missing' include:
     http://www.melvyl.ucop.edu/
     http://www.cdlib.org/
     melvyl.ucop.org (telnet)