Free Web-based Workshop Beginners Genealogical Research on the Internet

Don Saklad dsaklad at gnu.org
Fri May 25 14:01:52 EDT 2001

Via
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/PubLib/

Topic No. 6

Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:56:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mary Conroy <mconroy at ohionet.org>
To: publib <publib at webjunction.org>
Subject: Free Web-based Workshop Beginners Genealogical Research on the In

Beginners Genealogical Research on the Internet
 Free Web-based Workshop

Sponsored by OHIONET

Students may choose to participate in
 scheduled live online meetings*

June 18 Noon-2 EST (11-1 CST, 10-12 MST, 9-11 PST)
OR

Register for individually paced work with the
instructor and other students
via
e-mail and online meetings by appointment.
Begins June 18, 2001.

Agenda

Syllabus at
http://www.kovacs.com/genbegin.html

Overview

In this Web-based hands-on workshop, students will
 learn the basics of genealogical research within the
 context of using the Internet for genealogical
 research.

Audience

No genealogical research knowledge is assumed.

The workshop might also be useful for those who assist
 others in doing genealogical research.

Participants should know how to use Netscape or
 Internet Explorer 4.5 or higher to interact with the
 Web-based materials.

Schedule

Students may choose to participate in
 scheduled live online meetings*

June 18 Noon-2 EST (11-1 CST, 10-12 MST, 9-11 PST)
OR

Register for individually paced work with the
instructor and other students
via
e-mail and online meetings by appointment.
Begins June 18, 2001.

Registration and Tuition

http://www.kovacs.com/register.html
The workshop tuition is free but registration is required

Materials

All materials will be online on interactive Web pages.

Color printed packets will be priority mailed to each
 participant on receipt of payment, or purchase order.

Instructor:

Diane K. Kovacs -
 Kovacs Consulting Internet & World Wide Web
Training http://www.kovacs.com
Genealogical Research on the Internet
 -Web-based Workshop in a Book
Forthcoming from Neal-Schuman  2001

OHIONET contact:

Mary Mlynar Conroy
Library Services Coordinator
OHIONET, 1500 West Lane Ave, Columbus OH 43221
Fax 614/486-1527
voice 800/686-8975 or
614/486-2966 ext 16
mailto:mconroy at ohionet.org