[WEB4LIB] Internet porn in library: a 'hostile work environment'...

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Fri May 25 12:08:47 EDT 2001

Interesting case.

Also interesting that the changes in policy don't seem like they'd
have any effect on porn viewing, or whether or not the librarians
would/could see porn accidentally.

Of course I think that librarians are regularly exposed to things they
don't like, whether things done by patrons, information that we may
find offensive (and certainly not just visual information), and so
forth, so I think this case is a stretch.  But considering a lady
getting millions of bucks for her own stupidity (the mcdonalds coffee
in the lap case), nothing would surprise me.

Maybe some librarians should file a case because they had to provide
information on holocaust revisionism, or abortion, or birth control,
or religion or <pick whatever offends you>.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA