Position: Librarian and Technology Consultant--Kenyon College

Mark Gooch goochm at kenyon.edu
Tue May 22 12:32:50 EDT 2001

Librarian and Technology Consultant

Kenyon College is searching for an information professional with skills
and interests in supporting the library and the computing needs of
faculty and students. We are especially interested in candidates with a
background in social sciences, legal research, government documents,
science, or mathematics.  The selected candidate will work closely with
faculty and students, doing collection development, teaching effective
use of the library and technology, and promoting innovative applications

of information literacy across the liberal arts.  An MLS degree is
preferred, but we welcome and will consider otherwise qualified
candidates with interesting alternative credentials.

Library and Information Services, an integrated information services
division, meets the library, technology, and communications needs of the

faculty, students, and administration of the College.  We need people
who are creative, energetic, interested and quick learners, and
ambitious to play important and formative roles in an evolving,
innovative, team-oriented organization.

The starting salary will depend on qualifications and is negotiable.  We

welcome candidates with different backgrounds, experiences and skills,
and with different levels of experience, and so the potential range of
starting salary is quite wide.  We want the best people, and we will
compete to get them.

Kenyon College is a highly selective, highly rated, national liberal
arts college.  Kenyon is the oldest private college in Ohio, and is
particularly known for a literary tradition that includes the Kenyon
Review.

For much more information, and for instructions on how to apply, please
visit our Web Page at

      http://www.kenyon.edu/access

Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until
the position is filled.  Applications received by June 15, 2001, will be

guaranteed full consideration. An equal opportunity employer, Kenyon is
committed to building a culturally diverse faculty, staff and
administration.

--
Mark D. Gooch
Librarian and Technology Consultant