IE and pdf

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Tue May 22 10:40:36 EDT 2001

>I've encountered a problem viewing electronic database articles in pdf
>format when using Internet Explorer (specifically, with Ebsco databases). IE
>does work with pdf when viewing documents on a general web site. Can anyone
>help me correctly configure IE? I am using IE 5.0 on a Windows 98 platform
>with Acrobat Reader 4.0.

Are you sure you have 5.0 and not 5.01?  We also had this problem, and I
believe it was one of the lesser-known bugs (as opposed to say, the NoRun
problem) fixed in 5.01 Service Pack 1.  These days you should probably just
upgrade to 5.5.  There was some problem with extremely long URLs, which are
common in these periodical services.

Should that not be an option for you, Ebsco tech support told me to go into
Acrobat's Preferences | General menu and uncheck the "Web Browser Integration"
box.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org