[WEB4LIB] Nicholas Baker in the Chronicle of Higher Education

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Thu May 10 11:51:50 EDT 2001

I hate to toss the paper, but sooner or later it can be a hazard.  Does
anyone know where we can get the money to save paper?  Personally, I have sf
magazines from the 50's and they are really yellow to brown.

On the other hand, there are lots of horror stores about microforms that can
not be read or have mold on them or for some reason don't work right.

I know of several scanning projects that were not that great - some of the
ProQuest stuff is average at best.

What should we do?

Gary Masters