[WEB4LIB] disabling windows scripting host

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu May 10 08:16:36 EDT 2001

I removed the Windows Scripting Host from all of our staff and public
Windows98 machines back when it was first announced that viruses were
using it to propogate themselves.  I've also made sure to remove it when
setting up new machines.  In all that time, I've never had a situation
where an application wouldn't function properly because of its absence.
However, I have seen several instances where a virus slipped by our
anti-virus software but wasn't able to run because WSH was removed.  I
think most libraries can do without WSH.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI