.wav files

Catherine Buck Morgan catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Tue May 8 11:51:18 EDT 2001

Our public machines (Win95) are locked down with Fortres, and there are
no saves to anything but the A: drive. However, whenever a patron
accesses a file with RealPlayer, an icon gets placed on the desktop,
which drives some of our ref lib nuts (they believe the patron has
gotten through security), and they "hassle" the IT people to move it
immediately. (It's been one of those days--, folks; I believe it's
called Monday-- hey look, it's Tuesday.) The latest culprit is an
Islam.wav file.

For some reason, this icon doesn't disappear when we reboot. We have to
disable Fortres, delete the icon, and re-enable the security. I've
checked the Fortres settings, and they appear secure. Any ideas? Thanks.

--
Catherine Buck Morgan
Automation Librarian
EMAIL: catherine at leo.scsl.state.sc.us
Phone: 803.734.8651 Fax 803.734.4757
Home page: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/
Web catalog: http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/scslweb/welcome.html

The opinions stated herein are not necessarily those of SCSL.