[WEB4LIB] Javascript or CSS question?

Thomas M G Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon May 7 10:40:45 EDT 2001

I'm sure this wouldn't be feasible at this time but for future reference,
this is where Zope would be ideal.  I define a list in the parent directory
which is the root directory for the WEB server.  Then I can call that list
as a tag from any directory below that and it is published dynamically so
when I change the list it is automatically changed on every page.  If I have
a document that needs additional selections I can add those before calling
the default list because I usually don't put the beginning selection tag on
the list but rather on each page so I can use name= which is pertinent to
the database that will be using the result.

Being an object oriented WEB publishing environment, one of Zope's features
I like most is this property of inheritance.  This also works great if you
have a static menu (text or graphic) to publish on every page.  Define the
menu one time in the top parent directory and just use one tag to call it
from every page.  The same with logos, a graphic.

Thomas

  Use The Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 2797

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine