Managing E-mail Reference Questions

Peter Verhagen pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca
Thu May 3 15:38:59 EDT 2001

I suppose you could talk to the poeple at http://www.ipl.org and ask
them how they did it, and if they'd be willing to share the source
with the rest of the Library Community (I've never asked).

Personally (I am not a Librarian), but I've always found patron/user
forums to be useful. Now, forums may not have everything, but at
least they can be moderated, publicly/archival searched and a host of
other things can be done depending on the forum package chosen and
how you set them up. Check them out for yourself and see if they come
close to fulfilling your needs.

Problably the most popular forum on the Internet (creators of
OpenTopic and UBB):
http://www.infopop.com

One freeware solution (PHP/MySQL) is BlazeBoard:
http://www.bbhacks.com/

As always, good luck in your quest!

Peter Verhagen
Systems Administrator