Preventing a browser window from being shut down; not just the browser

Galway Library info at galwaylibrary.ie
Fri Mar 30 04:31:13 EST 2001

Hello,

We have public access pcs for accessing the library catalogue via. the World
Wide Web within our libraries. We wish to restrict users to one web site
viz. the library catalogue's website. This we can do.

Here is the difficult part. Although we can prevent users from closing down
the browser we can not prevent them from closing down the website. This is
important to us because we use Epixtech's WebPac which uses a lot of Java
applets and consequently takes a long time to load.

If the closing down of the website could be password controlled or prevented
this would be perfect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
John Fitzgibbon