Web Page RFP/Specs

Mike Novak prx000 at mail.connect.more.net
Thu Mar 29 14:46:23 EST 2001

> The web page for our public library needs redesigning and we may have to
> write a request for proposal to obtain a firm to do the work.  Naturally
we
> would rather not re-invent the wheel, but so far we have been unable to
> locate either an RFP for a web page or web page specifications.

I'd be curious if any libraries out there have gone this route with any
success.  For some reason I shudder at the thought.  I'd imagine you'ld
still have all the same hastles as doing it in house (arguments over style,
content, etc.) except it would cost you a lot more and you would lose a lot
of control.  My hunch would be that investing in a little training and/or an
authoring program like Frontpage or Dreamweaver would be a better idea in
the long run...

Just my 2 cents,

Mike Novak
Technology Coordinator & Reference Librarian
University City Public Library