LCD projection recommendations

Cathy Cox cathy_cox at wvmccd.cc.ca.us
Mon Mar 26 14:47:53 EST 2001

We're outfitting a new library instruction room and I need to order an LCD
projector.  I've talked with a couple of vendors, and I've been going
through various catalogs, but I'd like to know what other folks have used
and been happy with.

The room isn't too large, although I don't remember the exact dimensions,
but the projector will be no more than 25' from the screen.   Our main
concerns are getting a crisp image, at least XGA resolution (1026 x 768),
and cost - we'd like very much to keep it to around $4000, if
possible.  We're not too concerned with weight since this unit will be
ceiling mounted, so portability isn't a factor.

Anyone have any recommendations?  I'm interested in hearing about both
specific models and also about vendors you've dealt with that were
good.   Respond to me privately, and if there's enough interest I'll
summarize to the list.

Thanks!

Catherine Cox
Electronic Resources Librarian