[WEB4LIB] Re: will OSS impact library automation?

Carol Bean CAROL at tpbp.com
Thu Mar 22 15:20:06 EST 2001

I certainly welcome examples that show where procurements of
large-scale library automation systems are being impacted by open
source alternatives.  I'm aware of some efforts on the low-end of the
market.

More information is available on the E-Libraries conference at:
   http://www.infotoday.com/it2001/e-libraries.htm

btw, this is a new name for the conference that was formerly called
IOLS.  The larger conference now called InfoToday, is what used to
be National Online.

-marshall

Perhaps we should be having conferences on those efforts at the low end, and
how much or whether they can be scaled upwards?

Just curious, after reading Marshall's article in Library Computing, whether
anyone has done anything similar in InMagic (or any other low-end product)?

Carol Bean
Taylor, Porter, Brooks & Phillips, L.L.P.
Baton Rouge, LA
225-387-3221
carol at tpbp.com

Opinions expressed are my own and are not necessarily those of Taylor,
Porter, Brooks & Phillips, L.L.P.

                  Confidentiality Statement .
"All information contained in this message is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
It is intended for use by recipient(s) only and not for distribution."