DUH factor at Computers in Libraries

Debra Shapiro dshapiro at slis.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:17:01 EST 2001

Ummm, excuse me, while Walt is certainly right about the economics
(the 40% cut that ALA gets DOES make any divisonal conference hard to
put on as a money maker) LITA has reincarnated its national
conference as the LITA Forum, the 4th one will be held in Milwaukee,
October 11-14
http://www.lita.org/forum01/index.htm

The third one was in Portland, Oct. 2000, and the program archive is
still available, so you can check out the "techie only" factor
(although many thought that the Y2K Forum's theme "High Tech, High
Touch" got us a few too many non-tech proposals)
http://www.lita.org/forumY2K/programs.htm

At LITA Forums, you do get to "since you're hob-nobbing with a bunch
of systems librarians as
well as luminaries like Clifford Lynch and Tim Bray, you never know
what kind of wild scheme you'll hatch over your favorite beverage.
Roy"

I also heard good things about the Canadian Access conference at CIL,
so maybe it was worth it...(and probably gave one of those (DUH
presentations..)

Regards,
Debra
not quite so old LITA hand