[WEB4LIB] Linux Terminal Server Project

Mark Pecaut pecautm at missouri.edu
Wed Mar 21 13:09:37 EST 2001

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:13:28AM -0800, Peter Verhagen wrote:
> Does anyone want to share their thoughts/experiences about using
> something like "Linux Terminal Server Project" as a solution for
> providing Internet access for patrons?

It sounds perfect for public use.  I wish we could do something
like that here, but our tech guys have seen Windows 95 Network
booting and apparently it is really, really slow.  Because of
this they are automatically turned off by the idea.

I would like to hear about people's experience with performance
and ease of setup for the Linux (and Unix) Illiterate.

-Mark