[WEB4LIB] Re: Computers in Libraries/good conferences

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Mon Mar 19 17:26:50 EST 2001

> I would like a techie only conference, or even just a meeting, some place
> where those of us who have been doing this for years and years and years
> can go and be challenged instead of bored ...

Try the next O'Reilly Open Source Conference in San Diego in July.  Info's
at

http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/index.html

I went to the one in Monterey last year and it rocked.  Given, I didn't
see alot of library types, but it's nice to be around a bunch of people
for four days who are bright, excited and optimistic about IT futures, and
who have lots of energy.

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509-963-1081 || fax - 509-963-3684
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu