[WEB4LIB] Free Britannica Going Away

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Thu Mar 15 11:08:15 EST 2001

That doesn't surprise me at all. From what I've been reading recently,
Internet advertising, especially banner ads on websties are proving to be a
flop. Companies that advertise aren't getting a decent return for their money
from banner ads and thus pulling their money from the companies that design
and distribute banner ads. From what I gather you can expect a LOT of sites,
library related or not, to start going to members only. This may even include
the free internet providers who rely on banner ads.

Dan

--
The subject in question...
dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us