[WEB4LIB] SOLVED Re: Internet Explorer Restrictions

stephanie spearman razl00 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 10:16:49 EST 2001

I do it a little differently. I don't use
"SpecifyButtonsDefault" although I might look into it.
When I first create the user I customize the toolbar
at that point. Then add these Registry restrictions:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Restrictions

values of "NoToolbarCustomize" set to 1 and
"NoToolbarOptions" also set to 1

________________
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions

value under this subkey of "NoToolbarOptions" set to
1.

I've used this with NT4 IE5+ since last summer and
changing the toolbar is one thing no user has been
able to do. As far as how this works with other
options I have enabled--maybe a combination is what
works (such as "NoBrowserOptions") in the end. Wish I
had time to play with it!

Stephanie Spearman
Electronic Services Librarian
NGRL
Dalton, GA

--- "Andrew I. Mutch" <amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us>
wrote:
> I had encountered the same problem that Bob had with
> the toolbar buttons.
> Now that I've figured out the fix in Win2K, I'm
> betting this works in
> other versions of Windows.
>
> OK, here's the fix that works:
>
> 1) First, ignore the settings listed in the JSI Tip
> and the MS KB articles
> and use this registry key for the tool bar buttons:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER[OR

LOCAL_MACHINE]\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\