[WEB4LIB] Re: HTML Question - target="new"

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Wed Mar 14 20:11:10 EST 2001

At 2:27 PM -0800 14/3/01, Mark Pecaut wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:13:56PM -0800, Daniel Messer wrote:
>>  While I know there is a way to do this (I know for a fact that it
>>can be done
>>  with Java) I would make one reccomendation. Forewarn people coming to your
>>  site that it's better to use IE to view it. I would do this if for no other
>
>I strongly disagree with this.  Telling your users which browser
>to use is like saying
>
>`Welcome IE users!  Everyone Else Go Away!

Too true. I use Wannabe on a Mac which only does text and no images,
animations javascript, styles or the rest of the flim flam as mostly
the meaning is only in the text. I can check the site in iCab, a far
superior browser to IE or NS (far smaller, faster, more stable etc)
if the formatting has any significat meaning in it. I can fall back
to IE5 if there is SSL or Javascript required (which I rarely do) as
iCab not yet complete in this area. NS6 is useless and NS4.7 lacks
features.
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au