[WEB4LIB] HTML Question - target="new"

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Wed Mar 14 16:16:47 EST 2001

While I know there is a way to do this (I know for a fact that it can be done
with Java) I would make one reccomendation. Forewarn people coming to your
site that it's better to use IE to view it. I would do this if for no other
reason than it seems to me that Microsoft has won the so-called "browser
wars." Don't believe me? Jet on over to www.netscape.com and take a look
around. How much advertising do you see for Netscape Navigator? Last I
checked there were two or three text links for the browser and that was it.
Netscape really isn't pushing its product anymore, anywhere. Stores don't
really stock up on a lot of Netscape products and more and more people I talk
to are either using IE because it's more reliable and works better with
Windows (big surprise there). Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way bucking for
Micro$oft. I myself use Linux, Windows, and Mac because I recognize their
strengths and weaknesses. But I think its time some folks face facts and
realize that M$ is going to run over as many corporations as they can, even
if they have to resort to the tactic of making their software work properly.

Good luck!
Dan

--
The subject in question...