[WEB4LIB] RE: AOL 6 and proxy access problems?

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Tue Mar 13 19:00:05 EST 2001

I don't know how the student obtained his copy of AOL 6. However, if he
downloaded it there's a chance it may be buggy. I myself use AOL from time to
time and I downloaded the upgrade from 5 to 6 as soon as it became available.
I experienced multiple problems ranging from Buddy Lists not loading to
sudden boots to not being able to connect to servers I knew for a fact were
up and working. (Yahoo.com does not crash out very often.) I uninstalled and
snagged a free CD from Office Depot and installed from that. It seems to be
working fine now and I've been using it for some time.

Regards,
Dan

--
The subject in question...