Cybraryn v Pharos

Galway Library info at galwaylibrary.ie
Tue Mar 13 05:13:30 EST 2001

Hello,

We have 12 internet pcs and 6 word processing pcs in 3 libraries. Some of the internet pcs are restricted to use by children and each library has different hours of opening. All library user information is stored on a central server. The library automation system is Horizon 5.3.
We are looking for a means of controlling access to these pcs using some webbased system.
The system would only accept bookings from a user entitled to use that machine, would log users on and also log users off after a specified time had elapsed. Charging for pc use is not an issue.
There are two products that seem to meet most of our criteria viz. Pharos (Pharos is about to become web based)  and Cybraryn.
Which product is best for our purposes?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
John Fitzgibbon