REF: Commercial Software for Information Literacy Evaluation

Susan Wheeler Reference swheeler at UBmail.ubalt.edu
Fri Mar 2 15:55:06 EST 2001

We are wondering if any commercial software exists for assessing the level
of information literacy a student possesses?

I have searched Eshaman (was ComputerSelect), Library Literature,
WorldCat, ArticleFirst and Academic Search Elite.

I have found an entry for Barclay, Donald A. Teaching Electronic
Information Literacy (computer file). Neal-Schuman, 1995.  This would
appear to be an electronic book.

I also found a web site for "Information Competence Assessment"
(http://www.csupomona.edu/~sahay/library_web/) but was not able to link to
the Assessment Instrument.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

TIA