[WEB4LIB] advice please

J.M. Latham latham1 at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 24 00:44:48 EST 2001

Liz, I don't know of any resource but I agree with your basic premise.

Vendors have seized on HTML as a reason not to pursue interface design.  I
don't think anyone is doing research these days on how to continue to
expoit technolgoy to serve the end-user.  Too many times I have heard "We
give you the ability to design your own interface!"  Well, not too many of
us have much sense when it comes to interface design.

I think we need to begin to pressure vendors to deliver what we want,
instead of accepting what they will deliver.

Joyce